Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sun-60

In 1991, before I had punk, I listened to Sun-60 ad nauseum, crushing on the lead singer some serious. On that year's album they had songs titled, Kiss the Train and Runaway Jane. Just now, reading some hilarious nonsense my buddy had written making reference to Soul Asylum's Run-Away Train, I mashed up the references in my head. I thought, "John is making Sun-60 jokes? who's that even funny to?" (aside from me.) Then I sorted it out, and was sad. Sad like the time I got the Dark Sun box-set for Christmas from my Mom*, and as it turned out no one wanted to play post-apocalyptic D&D 'cause, "why not just play Rifts?" So I made up my own party who just sat in the box and never saw play. I named the Half-Giant Psionicist Joan Jones, and drew pictures of her with long blond hair covering one eye.


*Oh man, I didn't. I got a bolo tie from her which she said made me look handsome, I was crushed. Dark Sun was all I wanted. Luckily, my late Grandmother having 33 grandchildren just gave us all 20 bucks. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment